Thursday, October 25, 2012

Paper Sculpture

This is a drawing of my paper sculpture.  My goal in this painting were to capture the lights and darks in the actual sculpture as close to exactly as possible.  I accomplished this by drawing from life as much as I possibly could.  My painting is about the light.  My most difficult challenge I had to accomplish was when my sculpture was squashed by someone unknown.  I fixed this by drawing from a photograph.  My painting really works where the light is shining on the paper spiral.  I learned while painting this that the light is very important and must be captured in all its essence.  I learned from Lien that even the most simple shapes work perfectly to make an interesting painting.  This was when we were building our sculpture.  I'd probably do the same thing if I did this over.  I'm very proud of my lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment